Membership Management begins with the Accounts object which is used to track Accounts such as organizations, foundations and companies that your Synagogue is affiliated with; or Households which represent a grouping of Contacts, generally characterized by belonging to the same family or physical home.
In most cases, you will be using Household Accounts to manage your members.
When viewing a Household Account, the record page details information related directly to the Account such as Addresses, Membership Information, and Anniversary. Further along the page are Related Lists which record information on other objects such as Contacts, Seasonal Addresses, Invoices etc. All of these records relate to the Account you are viewing, and are linked via the related record.
Please watch the video below for an overview on creating a Household Account.
Creating a new Household Account:
1. Search for the Account (and Contacts) to ensure no duplicates are being entered.
2. Click on the Accounts tab.
3. Click New.
4. There are two different Record Types options (Organization & Household). Choose the Household Record Type and click Continue.
6. Click Save.
7. The next step is to create Contacts for the Household. A Contact represents a single person that is part of an Account or Household. Navigate to the Contacts Related List and click New.
8. Select the Household Contact Record Type and click Continue.
9. Enter the Contact First Name and Last Name along with any other required information or data that you have.
If you enter a Date of Birth, the system will automatically calculate and populate the Hebrew Date of Birth when the record is saved.
If you enter a Bar/Bat Mitzvah Date, the corresponding Torah Portion and Bar/Bat Mitzvah Hebrew Date will automatically calculate and populate when the record is saved. Please note that this update can take several minutes to run.
10. Click Save.
11. Repeat steps 7-10 for each Contact you would like to create.