The Open Activities related list displays:
- Open tasks
- Open events
- Requested meetings
These activities are displayed for a record and its associated records. For example, if you have a task related to a Contact, that task displays in the Open Activities related list of the Contact as well as the associated Account.
From the Open Activities related list:
- Click New Task or New Event to create an activity that is associated with the record.
- Click New Meeting Request to request a meeting with a contact, lead, or person account. Once you request a meeting, the calendar icon displays next to it.
- Click Edit to edit an activity.
- Click Cls to close a task. For more information, see Closing Tasks.
- Click Del to delete an event or requested meeting. Salesforce.com emails the invitees that the event or meeting was canceled.
- Click the Subject of an activity to open the detail page of the activity.
Your administrator can customize the fields and buttons that display in related lists.