- In the Calendar section of the Home page, click New Event.
- Enter the event details.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the Contact related to the event, or click on the lookup icon to open the Select Contacts dialog box. If you use Shared Activities, you can relate up to 50 contacts to the event.
- To invite the related Contacts to the event, click Add to Invitees. The contacts or lead are added to the calendar in the Select Invitees section.
- For non-Shared Activities events, you can create a recurring event. You can't follow recurring events and tasks in Chatter, nor individual instances of recurring events and tasks. Changes to an individual event or task in a recurring series or to the series itself won't show up in your Chatter feed.
- Select Create Recurring Series of Events.
- Select the frequency of recurrence.
- Note: Depending on the type of series you are creating, the maximum number of occurrences is as follows: Daily: 100, Weekly: 53, Monthly: 60, Yearly: 10
- Set the start date and end date. Click Calculate max end date to automatically set the maximum end date allowed based on the frequency you selected.
- To set a reminder for the event, select Reminder and choose how long before the event you want to be reminded. The reminder applies to each occurrence in the event series.
- To attach files, click Attach File on the Attachments related list. If you don't see this related list, ask your administrator to add it to the event detail page layout. For recurring events, the attachment is added to the series of events. Each occurrence of the recurring event can also have its own unique set of attachments. Attachments to an activity display on the activity detail page but not on the related contact detail page. This applies to Shared Activities and non-Shared Activities.
- To invite up to 1,000 users, contacts, leads, or resources, in the Select Invitees section, click Select. When you search for people or resources to invite to an event, the Available list displays up to 300 results.
- Click Save. Alternatively, click Save & New Task to save the event and create a new task or Save & New Event to save and create an additional event.
Congregation Connect support is available via email. Please email email@example.com and one of our Support Specialists will respond as quickly as possible.