- Views are filters or mini-reports. Some views were created for you and you can see them on every tab in the system. You can also create your own.
- Every time you run the view, it’s pulling the most current information in the system.
- If you created the view, you can delete it.
Working with Existing Views
1. Click the Down Arrow next to the name of the List View,
2. Select the View (or Mini-Report) that you want to see, and
3. Click Go.
Current information appears
1. From here you can create a new contact
2. Select certain records by checking the check boxes
3. Add the list of records you have checked for action to a campaign
Edit a contact from the list view
1. Check the check box to select the contact you want to edit.
2. Or simply click the "Edit" link beside the contact name
Edit an existing List View
The List View appears for editing
To filter by Outreach
Click the Lookup icon beside the Outreach Name box.
Search All Outreaches or All Active Outreaches...or type the first few letters of an outreach you know exists
Select one outreach by clicking one the name of the outreach.
To Create a New View
Click the link, "Create a New View."
Step 1: Enter View Name
Anything in red is required, but the system will supply the "view unique name" -- just tab to the next field.
Title is just a text box. It’s not telling the system what to search on, it’s just for your benefit (a description of what this view will pull)
Step 2: Specify Filter Criteria
All Contacts or My Contacts - all contacts/ account you can see, or only ones you own. If your organization is not using Role Hierarchy you need to always choose All Contacts/ Accounts.
Choosing the criteria: not case sensitive, use commas for “or" statements. I.e.., City equals Denver, Los Angeles, Newark (etc)
Use a second line of criteria for an additional line of criteria. I.e., City equals Denver AND Employees > 500.
If you specify an outreach, only those contacts that are outreach members will appear in the list view.
Step 3: Select Views to Display
- Select columns: leave defaults or choose your own. Simply shows what information will be displayed in the results. I.e., if you want to see the Mailing Street in the list of results, be sure to select that field.
- The default fields are automatically selected. You can choose up to 15 different fields to display in your view. You can display only the fields that are available in your page layout. When you select a long text area field, up to 255 characters are displayed in the list view.
- To add or remove fields, select a field name, and click the Add or Remove arrow.
- Use the arrows to arrange the fields in the proper sequence.
Step 4: Restrict Visibility
If you are an administrator or a user with the “Manage Public List Views” permission, specify whether everyone or just you can see the custom view. This is a very important step. You don’t want to clutter everyone’s views with information not relevant for them, so unless this view is relevant for everyone, always choose Visible only to me.
Step 5: Click Save
Or, if you want to delete the list view, click delete.