What is the Leadership Object?
The leadership object is used to capture any leadership positions congregants hold at your congregation such as members of the board, committees, etc. You can keep track of the position they held and the date range that it occurred
How do I create a new Leadership record?
First you need to navigate to the contact record where you would like to create the leadership record. Scroll down to the leadership related list and click New Leadership.
Adding values to the record
When creating the record, you will want to enter in as many details as possible.
1. Leadership Name should be a descriptive value for the record. If they are on the board, a good example would be to name the record Board 2015 and you can run a report on any record with the same name.
2. The Start Date and End Date fields allow you to choose which date range for the leadership record.
3. The Level Field lets you choose what type of leader the contact is. Values include Clergy, Officers, School or Committee. You can change these picklist values to best fit your organization.
4. Role allows you to put even more detail for the leader. This is a dependent field, so if you chose the level as Officer, the values will appear as President, Vice President. If you chose Clergy, you will get values such as Rabbi, Cantor, etc.
5. The type field is for the Committee level. It allows you to choose Chair, Co-Chair or Member of the committee.
Make sure to press save when complete.